Just like the name says, this is the chocolate chip cookie extraordinaire! Definitely one of Betty's favorites!
- cup granulated sugar
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4
- cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon salt
- cup coarsely chopped nuts
- package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- 3 Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.