Liven up chicken noodle soup with a dash of basil and garlic-pepper blend.
- tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- carton (32 oz) Progresso chicken broth (4 cups)
- cups water
- medium carrots, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2
- cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- teaspoon dried basil leaves
- teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in onion. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- 2 Stir in broth, water and carrots. Heat to boiling. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir in broccoli, noodles, basil and garlic-pepper blend. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and noodles are tender.
- 3 Top each serving with cheese.